WE ARE AN ALL-VOLUNTEER ORGANIZATION
Mission and Goals
The San Ramon Library Foundation is a non-profit tax exempt “Friends of the Library” organization dedicated to promoting our community libraries through fundraising and community programs.
Goals of the Foundation:
- Expand the materials, services, and equipment of the library;
- Assist in providing children’s programs and activities;
- Foster cultural and educational programs;
- Enrich the library through fundraising and volunteerism;
- Stimulate public awareness of the Library’s resources
San Ramon Library Foundation provides support for both Dougherty Station Library and San Ramon Library. In the current fiscal year, that includes:
- Pledging $100,000 toward Marketplace Library renovation.
- Pledging $50,000 toward Marketplace Library reopening day collections.
- Supporting the following popular Library programs: CityReads, KidsReads, International Storytelling Festival, Movies on the Lawn, and Summer Reading.
- Partnering with the library, local business, and community groups: Chevron, Sunset Development, American Association of University Women, Kiwanis, City of San Ramon, and Danville Library.
Benefits of Membership
- Depending on the level of membership, members may receive a book adopted in their name, and or acknowledgement at special library events and programs.